Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Best Way to Use Twitter?

Just as a start to my week's posts (I'm a Twitter believer), I think the easiest way to look at the difference between the Facebook Status Update Feed vs. Twitter's feed is that Facebook's is designed to keep track of people you know. The beauty of Twitter lies in it's ability to follow people you don't. As a result, where Facebook is a way to keep tabs on your friends and their activities, Twitter is much more a true news feed from around the world. It is entirely user-generated and operated.

Some people were complaining last night that they didn't have enough people to follow to make Twitter worthwhile. I'm not sure Twitter is meant to just check in on friends. It is easy, however, for people you want to hear more from (sports figures/writers, movie/music critics, industry leaders, stars) to broadcast their thoughts. I don't necessarily "know" or need to know ESPN's Adam Schefter but I "know" the Twitter Adam Schefter, who has the best breaking news on the NFL around.

1 comment:

  1. Are you tweeting with the class? If so, what is your username?

    Here is mine: SquishyG

    ReplyDelete